(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
Detroit Auto Dealers Association
1900 W Big Beaver Suite 100, Troy, MI 48084
Presented by Nancy Hill, Dave
Presented by Nancy Hill, Dave Bowen & Sarah Rusnell, Michigan Department of Treasury
Learn the compliance requirements of Sales & Use Tax Laws with respect to vehicle sales, body shop activity, parts/service departments and demo vehicles. This class now includes sample handouts on the monthly worksheet, how it is used in the monthly return, amending the return (due to an unwound deal) and filing an annual return using the example month’s figures to show how the monthly data flows into the reconciliation. See the examples during the live demonstration on MTO.
This class is for dealers, general managers, office managers and office personnel.
- How to properly report on sales, leases, demos, body shop and rentals.
- How manufacturer and/or dealer rebates and discounts affect the tax base.
- How to handle vehicles sold in interstate and foreign commerce.
- The proper tax base for sales and dealer usages.
- What documentation is required for various sales.
- Michigan online filing and reporting
DADAPlease contact the DADA with questions at 248.643.0250.
How To Comply with Sales & Use Tax Laws
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!