19nov10:00 am11:30 amEvent OverBEST PRACTICES: Month-End Closing of An Auto Dealership's Books and Preparation of the Monthly Financial Statements
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Detroit Auto Dealers Association
1900 W Big Beaver Suite 100, Troy, MI 48084
Presented by James M. Eagan Sr. CPA Learn proven month-end close best practices to ensure: The accuracy and validity of the dealership’s accounting records. The timely preparation of dealership financial statements
Presented by James M. Eagan Sr. CPA
Learn proven month-end close best practices to ensure:
- The accuracy and validity of the dealership’s accounting records.
- The timely preparation of dealership financial statements which are “mistake free.”
- In alignment with generally accepted accounting principles.
Topics covered will include:
- Evaluating the adequacy of accounting and internal controls to produce consistently reliable accounting records and financial statements and how this conclusion affects the type, depth and extent of due diligence procedures.
- Review of the “Six Types” of dealership accounting records and financial statements due diligence procedures.
- Monthly reconciliations, balance sheet schedules and general ledger account detail reviews.
- Areas of due diligence which can be done prior to month-end.
- Common dealership accounting practices versus generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
This class is for Dealers, GM’s, CFO’s, Controllers and others in dealership senior management.
DADAPlease contact the DADA with questions at 248.643.0250.
Best practices: Month-End CLosing of an Auto Dealership
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!