08may10:00 am12:00 pmEvent OverGetting Behind the Wheel of Internal Controls for Auto Dealers
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Detroit Auto Dealers Association
1900 W Big Beaver Suite 100, Troy, MI 48084
Presented by James M. Eagan Sr. CPA Increase your awareness of the unique vulnerabilities to fraud that exist in the typical family owned automobile dealership. Whether you are the Owner, General
Presented by James M. Eagan Sr. CPA
Increase your awareness of the unique vulnerabilities to fraud that exist in the typical family owned automobile dealership. Whether you are the Owner, General Manager, CFO-Controller or other member of senior dealership management, this presentation should help all of us more competently fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities to protect our owner’s dealership investments from the risks of fraudulent activities.
Topics covered will include:
- Review the theory and framework of the Fraud Triangle (Pressure, Opportunity, Rationalization) to explain why a significant number of dealership employees, even the most long-term trusted ones, may be motivated to commit fraud under the right circumstances.
- A person’s internal thought processes affecting “Good” and “Bad” honesty judgements.
- Profiles of deceitful individuals.
- Employee behavioral “Red Flags.”
- Review of the Top 15 Inherent Fraud Risk Factors which create fraud exposure in dealerships simply because of the nature of the dealership beast.
- Review of the Top 20 most common types of fraud which occur in dealerships.
- Electronic Fund Transfer fraud risks – “A Dealer’s Worst Nightmare.”
- How to perform a cost versus benefit analysis with respect to dealership accounting and internal controls.
- High value owner/senior management approaches to mitigating fraud risks.
- Internal control best practices for each dealership department, including the office
This class is for dealers, general managers, CFOs, controllers and others in dealership senior management.
DADAPlease contact the DADA with questions at 248.643.0250.
Getting Behind the Wheel of Internal Controls for Auto Dealers
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!